Thứ Bảy, 22 tháng 10, 2011

Try something new... Trust me.

On the 26 December 2009 my PS3 broke, it had the dreaded YLOD (Yellow light of death). For those of you that don't know, YLOD is where the solder on the motherboard melts from the heat of the console, which when turned off then cools down causing the solder to crack causing the connection to be faulty in most of the cases.

Basically It sat there for about 2 months collecting dust. I mean What could I do, I didn't have the £100 To send it off to get repaired, let alone get a new one. So... it stayed there until march of 2010. Until I remembered seeing something on the net, A DIY for repairing the fault. At first I was hesitant to try. But then I thought to myself "What have I got to lose?"

To cut a long story short, it worked. I started on the Friday and by the Sunday had it up and running. It works with no issues or problems to this day (Go me!!!) Part one of the guide is at the bottom of the page.

Well to get to the point I'm trying to make. A friend sent me a message yesterday asking if I could have a look at his since it had the same problem as I had with mine. I said sure thing. The thing is, he isn't the first person to ask me if i could have ago at fixing they'er PS3. I've had three people before him in the last six months ask if I could fix there PS3.

What I'm getting at is, basically, the sense of accomplishment I got from being asked by people to help them out. Not because it made me fell like I knew more than them, but the fact I could help them out in the first place. If you're wondering why I'm making a fuss about this, it's because I'm dyslexic. I've never felt like I excelled at anything, not even my current job or other tasks I've done and been praised for.

The reason I'm writing this is if only one person (if any) see this and feel the same way. Basically, try something you never wanted to, or something new. You never know, you might enjoy it.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét